Inspired by film and classical music icons, this collection pushes the boundaries of traditional sampling techniques, introducing revolutionary features such as Auto Divisi combined with Polyphonic True Legato from the next generation choir series, Round Robin Legato for fast Legato Ostinatos, and a thematic approach to techniques games.
The styles/moods featured in Afflatus Chapter I range from classical to modern contemporary film scores. Some of the masters which inspired the development of this collection are Henry Mancini, Sergei Prokofiev, Bernard Herrmann, John Williams and Arvo Pärt.
The sounds and styles presented in Afflatus are vast in terms of colors and playing techniques. From modern minimalist to golden age and lush epic string ensembles – it’s all inside just one collection, which makes Afflatus a great extension to other string libraries covering the bread and butter articulations, as well.
While other libraries recorded divisi sections before, Afflatus gives you total control over the sections while performing your music. Pressing the sustain pedal controls whether polyphonic lines should be played in divisi for an ultra realistic concert sound or with the whole section to achieve a thick lush tone suitable for modern film scores, TV and videogames alike. In combination with intelligent voice leading derived from the Polyphonic True Legato engine used in Freyja, Wotan, Árva and Rhodope, it is now easier than ever before to make string arrangements sound the way you want them to within your DAW.
Two years after the initial release we are proud to announce the third release of the Afflatus Chapter 1 Strings Update including new features our users requested like Round Robin Legato, Harmonics Legato, Tenuto Swells, new short articulations and much more.
– Boutique String Collection comprising over 7 different thematic string libraries
– Auto Divisi in combination with Polyphonic True Legato
– NEW Round Robin True Legato
– NEW Harmonics True Legato
– NEW Tenuto Swells
– Various sizes of different String and Mixed Ensembles from 50 Players to Chamber to Quartet and First chairs
– Expertly tailored Thematic Ensembles suitable for Contemporary to Golden Age style film soundtracks, TV, Videogame and Pop music
– 25 Polyphonic True Legato Bowings
– Custom Organic Sound Design Section with seperate mixable Elements
– Playable Aleatoric Articulations
– Three microphone positions – Close, Decca, Hall (Two on Mixed Ensembles)
– Over 200 playable patches
– Powered by Native Instruments’ free Kontakt Player and NKS compatible
– Velocity Dynamic Influencer for extra control on polyphonic legato voicings