Join us in an exciting series with famous custom mixer Chad Blake! Filmed in his private studio in Wales, this episode reveals some of his latest tools and techniques he used when remixing The Kills’ “Love Is A Deserter”. Working completely in the box, Chad shares his Pro Tools session template, goes over the material, and formulates his goals for the new mix. You’ll see how he sets up his main chain from the start and customizes it by applying different kinds of processing to tracks and groups. You’ll learn about his latest plugin options for saturation, modulation, excitation, dynamics and more. In addition to mixing, Blake also reworks parts of the session and adds samples to further enhance the recording!
2. Song ending, matching the CD mix, distortion, EQ, transient design, compression, excitement
3. Drum triggering, lo-fi treatment , samples, filtering, issues encountered, reassessment
4. Second phase, vocal presence, limiting, stereo enhancement, saturation, arrangement
5. Section contrast, dynamics, album version commentary, tape emulation, parallel processing
6. Removing unnecessary material, automation, de -essing, master chain tweaks, printing
There are subtitles in Russian, English and Spanish.
Sample files : Not provided
Video format : MP4
Video : AVC, 1920×1080, 16:9, 60 fps, 1800 kb/s
Audio : AAC, 48 kHz, 320 kb/s, 2 channels