The sound of a baritone guitar is not something that can be achieved by simply tuning a standard guitar to one fourth. Lower string tension results in a thin sound and a lack of stability, not to mention problematic tuning drift where notes start abruptly and flatten out as they decay.
This version requires NI Kontakt Player or Kontakt FULL v6.1.0 and newer!
Baritone guitars solve this with a longer scale length, which not only addresses the tuning issue but also provides a heartier sustain and fuller tone.
In addition to having this extra long scale length, the guitar we recorded for Evolution Baritone Electric was equipped with lipstick pickups, a unique type of single-coil pickup known for their articulate, glassy tone. Their naturally scooped mid frequencies make lipstick pickups an ideal pairing for baritone guitars, alleviating muddiness while providing a pure bass response and crisp highs. We recorded the bridge and neck pickups as separate signals which can be blended together for a wide range of tones: anything from the classic twang of the bridge pickup to the warm, woody sound of the neck pickup.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the baritone guitar. Evolution Baritone Electric includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal that can be blended to your taste.
Evolution Baritone Electric is based on our Evolution engine, which provides you with a wealth of appointments: a flexible mapping system, chords and strumming patterns, and a comprehensive collection of built-in effects for mix-ready baritone guitar tones.
The library includes many ready-to-use factory presets for a variety of classic and modern baritone guitar tones, from the classic combination of tremolo and splashy spring reverb to dreamy, ambient soundscapes. Not to mention the legendary Nashville tic-tac sound, the layering of an upright bass with a palm muted baritone guitar (or Bass VI).
– Built-in effects collection for production-ready baritone guitar tones.
– Pattern editor and chord voicing system for authentic strumming and picking patterns.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– 10.5 GB (compressed to 4.36 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, muted strums, divebombs, and others.
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
Available Disk Space
This product requires a total of 9.52 GB of free disk space in order to download and install the sample library. The total size of the download is 4.76 GB, and after installed the library occupies 4.76 GB.
Kontakt Player 6.1.0 (free)
Stand-alone, AAX Native, VST, AU
Minimum System Requirements
Windows 7, 8, or 10. Mac OS X 10.12 or newer.