We are proud to present the Evolution Songwriter, a faithful reproduction of the legendary Gibson J-45 steel string acoustic guitar that can be heard on countless albums of singer-songwriters over the past decades.
This instrument was inspired by a wide range of artists including The Beatles, Joni Mitchell and the more modern sound of Iron & Wine and The Dirty Projectors.
In the production of this guitar, we aimed to create an instrument with a diverse tonal palette, ranging from the iconic sounds of the 60s and 70s, providing many great, ready-to-use sound presets for songwriters and producers.
The library was developed in collaboration with William Derganc, who not only sampled the acoustic guitar, but was also closely involved in the development process, creating factory presets, patterns, and custom chord choices for the library.
The sample set was run through a multi-track cassette recorder. The ribbon signal adds richness to the guitar sound, and we decided to keep the jitter and other artifacts that give it that special character. With the tape signal option selected, you will notice that a constant level of noise plays in the background – the amount of this setting is adjustable and can always be completely turned off.
Specification and featuresKey Features:
– Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable acoustic guitar tones.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
– 11.2 GB (compressed to 5.2 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, guitar body hits, and more.
– MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
Download Evolution Songwriter