The Evolution Vintage Gent is an exquisite mid 60’s hollow body electric guitar. One of the iconic sounds of the British Invasion, the model guitar we took as a reference was originally released a decade earlier as part of a collaboration between Gretsch and Chet Atkins, the legendary guitarist, record producer and pioneer of the Nashville sound.
The guitar’s two pickups were recorded as separate signals that can be blended to your taste within the sample library’s interface. That way you can get anything from a jangly bridge pickup tone to a beefy neck pickup sound and all the gradations between.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. Evolution Vintage Gent includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal.
Evolution Vintage Gent is based on our Evolution engine, which provides you with a wealth of appointments: an innovative strumming pattern editor, automatic chord detection, and a comprehensive collection of built-in effects. If you’ve used any of our guitar or bass libraries that use the Evolution engine, its interface and workflow will be very familiar to you.
The library includes many ready-to-use factory presets for classic-sounding clean and crunchy guitar tones.
– Built-in effects collection for production-ready electric guitar tones.
– Pattern editor and chord voicing system for authentic strumming and picking patterns.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– 9.6 GB (compressed to 5 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, muted strums, and others.
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
Kontakt Player 5.8.1 (free)